Sunday, June 28, 2009

Yin Meets Yang

Today Amelia had a playdate with her "friend" (as usual, I like air quotes here because at three-and-a-half, what does a friend really mean?) with Sophie, from preschool. Sophie is hilarious -- she is OBSESSED with food. She asks about her next meal when she's just finishing the one in front of her, and her mom has to remind her not to beg for snacks or ask "when is lunch?" over and over again. She's totally normal sized, adorable, not overweight or anything like that, but just loves loves loves food and thinks about it all the time. When Amelia and I were walking with her back from the park, Sophie was telling us how she is "hungry all of the time." Anyway, it cracked me up. Yin, may I introduce you to Yang?

In fun news, Amelia and I had a tea party together today. I am trying to do some "just the two girls" kinds of things so she feels special, and like there's something good about being the older sister, rather than just wondering why Baby John gets all the attention. Menu for tea party: water (in fancy tea pot), pretzels, rolled-up jelly sandwiches (Amelia had a bite, hooray), and Berry Berry Kix. (Note: I was so busy reading the ingredients to check for allergens for these that I didn't realize they have 8 grams of sugar per serving. Oops! Sweeeeeet, no wonder A is lovin' them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment